Reserve a FREE SEAT directly in front of the action at Agape Pickleball Center at Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley. Cheer on your favorite ESPNLA personality and enjoy watching the fastest-growing sport in America.
Registration is CURRENTLY FULL FOR TEAMS. Please join the waitlist if you are still interested in participating. If spots open up before the tournament, we will offer the spot to fans on the waitlist.
PICKLEBALL MADNESS IS HERE!
If you haven’t heard, pickleball is the fastest-growing sport in the Country! ESPNLA is hosting our inaugural pickleball tournament featuring 64 teams. Fans will have a chance to “press the flesh” and compete against our personalities in a single elimination, “March Madness” bracket format tournament!
What: ESPNLA’s Inaugural Pickleball Madness Tournament
When: Saturday, March 18 – 10 am – 4 pm
Where: Agape Pickleball Center at Mile Square Park, 16400 Brookhurst Street, Fountain Valley CA 92708
Who: 64 teams, co-ed doubles, pickleball tournament featuring ESPNLA personalities
Tournament Entry Fees: $50 per player – SIGN-UP NOW AT ESPNLAPICKLEBALL.COM. Entry fee includes an ESPNLA drawstring bag, water bottle, tournament t-shirt, lunch, and more
- Co-ed Open Doubles (Male + Male, Male + Female, Female + Female)
- Ages 14 and over
- The tournament is open to beginners and up to intermediate skill-level players
- 1st Place Team – Trophies + $200 + Lakers Suite Tickets
- 2nd Place Team – Trophies + $100
- 3rd Place Team – Trophies + ESPNLA Swag Bag
- Best Team Name – Trophies
Day of Event: The event is free and open to the general public for non-tournament participants and spectators. Fans are welcome to attend the event and watch the tournament.
Activities will include:
- Madness Zone to watch all the college basketball games
- Pop-a-shot competition
- Pickleball demos & lessons
- Kid’s zone
- Beer garden
- Complimentary food and drinks
- Live DJ & Entertainment
- Prizes and giveaways
- 360 photo opportunity
- For Rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, teams play two games to 11 points, straight up, (the first team to 11, doesn’t need to win by two)
- The team with the highest cumulative score in each match wins that round and moves on to the next round of play
- In the event of a tiebreaker in Rounds 1-5, teams will play one game to 5 points, straight up (don’t need to win by two). The team that gets to 5 points first, wins and moves on to next round of play
- Championship Game: Best of 3 games, each game to 11 points, straight up (don’t need to win by two)
- 3rd Place – Losing teams of the semi-final games will play against each other to determine third place. The first team to 11 points straight up, wins (don’t need to win by two)
- Single elimination, “March Madness” bracket-style formatted tournament
- USA Pickleball (USAPA) 2023 pickleball rules will be applied
- Franklin X-40 outdoor pickleball balls will be used for tournament play
- Only USAPA-approved paddles can be used
- All matches will be self-refereed with the exception of the Championship Game (PPR-certified coaches will be onsite to settle any disputes during match play)
- Net serves are considered continuous play (if the serve hits the net and bounces in play, the point continues)
- Drop serves are allowed, but a spin-off one-hand serve is NOT allowed (new USAPA 2023 rule)
- Receiver of balls MUST make OUT calls clearly and loudly in-game for everyone to hear