WTMJ Part-Time Producer
Legendary WTMJ Radio is seeking a part-time weekend programming teammate to be a part of our continued growth. As the home of the Brewers, Bucks and Packers, WTMJ Radio is looking for a part-time producer to run live & syndicated programming and live sports! The ideal candidate will be passionate about Wisconsin sports and have a general interest in news and politics, have previous radio operating experience, and a flexible schedule that would call for 16+ hours per week with Saturdays and Sundays being the primary shifts.
The Role of a Part-Time Producer
The primary role of a Part-Time Producer will work with host(s) on content plan & execution, support the content director on show production and log fulfillment, collaborate with other show producers on the sharing of news, ideas, & audio, work in conjunction with marketing/promotions on contesting & sponsorships, and assist engineers on ensuring the station is operating within FCC guidelines and is on-the-air.
• Skill in running a radio board – maintaining levels, smoothly transitioning from one source to another
• Creating and implementing production elements including bumpers, liners, audio drops, sound effects, etc.
• Writing material for updates
• On-air voice & ability to deliver top-of-the hour timely, engaging, and entertaining reports
• Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
• Social media proficiency in posting about the show, including bulletins and links
• Undertaking editing audio cuts and entire hours for podcasting
• Converting text, graphics, video and audio files for all digital platforms
• Contributing to, and making use of, archives of audio files and sources for content segments
• Responding to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary
• Aptitude in editing software, such as Cool Edit Pro, Pro Tools and Adobe Audition for production purposes
Preferred skills, knowledge & qualifications:
• Radio operating experience preferred
• Audio editing experience preferred
• Interest in news, politics & sports
• Schedule flexibility, able to fill-in on non-established work days
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Creativity, flexibility & passion
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe Audition
• Night and weekend availability
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands part-time content teammates are paid hourly. The role of a Part Time Content Teammate will require teammates to work evenings and weekends.
Opportunity for Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: For considerations, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About Good Karma Brands
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.