GKB Milwaukee’s content on any given day can include anything from the Milwaukee Bucks clinching the playoffs, to an advertising partner dropping into the office, to Homer & Gabe interviewing Jack Nicklaus, to breaking news, to a promotional street team engaging with fans at the Wisconsin State Fair, to the latest election polls, to the Wisconsin Sports Awards and everything in between. Our fans want it all – and they want it instantly! Are you a sports fanatic and news junkie with a passion for marketing and brand awareness? Do you have a quick, witty personality? A curious and creative mind? Do you thrive in telling a story and building a brand, through clever & compelling words as well as engaging visuals on digital and social platforms?
Good Karma Brands (GKB) is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to continue to build our brand, content, partners & events through social media. As a Social Media Coordinator, you will be responsible for establishing a “voice” for Newsradio WTMJ and ESPN Milwaukee across all social media platforms by developing original content and suggesting creative ways to engage fans, stay on top of all breaking news, and promote partners and events!
Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, seven ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Celebrating 22 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in the community by leading the local sports world and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Establish a unified voice that depicts the GKB brand across all social media platforms
• Design & write posts to intrigue fans and followers and create daily buzz
• Research audience preferences and discover current trends
• Capability to prioritize and make spur of the moment decisions
• Collaborate with marketing & content teams to develop social media strategy
• Manage social media content across all platforms
• Stay up to date and in the know on all of the latest trends, best practices & technology
• Continue to build strong network via social media
• Measure success of social media posts & campaigns
• Work with on-air talent in making sure their social media is being well represented from their personal account as on-air and extension of our brands
• Attend major station events to cover social media on-site and be aware of current events happening in the community from a social media coverage standpoint
• Manage social media accounts in responding to fans and executing sales related content posts
• Be proactive in creating and finding solutions to daily challenges throughout the office and GKB
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Thorough knowledge of GKB Milwaukee’s portfolio
• Expertise in all social media platforms
• Ability to deliver creative content
• Graphic design capabilities is a plus
• Video capabilities and photography skills is a plus
• Previous work experience as a Social Media Coordinator is a plus
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Persistent and driven to succeed even when faced with adversity
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker.
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Flexible schedule with willingness to work on occasional nights and weekends
• Solution oriented work ethic
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary. All GKB full-time teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities. The role of a GKB Social Media Coordinator will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands. GKB has a develop-from-within philosophy and encourages teammates to consider and apply for any posted career opportunities desired within any division of GKB.
Closing Date: For considerations, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm on Friday, October 25, 2019.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.