Do you have an eye for design, a passion for the ever-changing social media world, and a desire to help designers from start to finish of the design process? Do you consider yourself trendy, knowledgeable in the world of design, and a go-getter? The Home Market & Good Karma Brands is looking for a full time Social Media Coordinator & Design Assistant with the right eye to join our Home Market team based in Milwaukee, WI. As a Social Media Coordinator & Design Assistant for The Home Market, you will be responsible for managing all social media platforms, supporting designers with all elements of the design process, and assisting the owner of The Home Market with all aspects of the business and day to day tasks.
Only candidates with a desire for a long-term career and a commitment to sustained growth in a team environment should consider this opportunity. If you want to be part of a revolutionary team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
To learn more about Good Karma Brands and The Home Market, visit www.goodkarmabrands.com
Daily Tasks of a Social Media Coordinator & Design Assistant:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Bring The Home Market’s business & story to life through social media by managing all of The Home Market’s social media platforms including creation of content, graphic design work, oversight of photoshoots, daily presence on all outlets, and more
• Assist Designers with all aspects of custom design process, including but not limited to: client presentations, site visits, floor plans, spec sheets/books, architectural elements, color & fabric schemes, custom window treatments, custom furniture pieces, deliveries, samples, project timelines & goals
• Research and source of furnishings and fabrics, materials, fixtures, and finishes
• Communicate and collaborate with clients, vendors, general contractors, and sub-contractors throughout entire project, with the ability to manage sub-contractors
• Help design team maintain the project schedules for hardware, plumbing, painting, lighting, and any other required schedules
• Manage shipping of all purchased items from source through to final installation
• Draw furniture plans and elevations in AutoCAD for Designers
• Maintain concise project documentation, including generating design and client meeting notes, meeting agendas and follow-ups
• Coordinate deliveries/installations with receiving warehouses or to client’s home
• Assist with office management, including but not limited to: scheduling meetings, walk-throughs, client appointments, errands to/from design showrooms, and all other tasks
• Liaise on daily matters with Design Studio
• Maintain Kate Kazlo’s (the owner of The Home Market) personal and business calendar, the Home Market’s website, new client inquires, booking travel, & phone/conference calls
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Familiarity with AutoCAD, Sketch Up & Photoshop is a requirement
• Previous retail or customer service experience
• Passion for design and social media
• Experience and/or education in interior design is preferred
• Energetic, fun, and can-do attitude
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to appropriately collaborate with peers, customers & designers
• Demonstrate strong product knowledge (furniture, accessories, fabrics, etc.)
• Ability to work flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of the business, including weekends and holidays
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: GKB Social Media Coordinators & Design Assistants are salaried teammates who receive full benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities. The role of a Social Media Coordinator & Design Assistant will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] no later than 5pm on Friday, July 31, 2020.
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, seven ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.