Are you ready to be part of a winning team and help the legendary ESPN Cleveland reach new heights? ESPN Cleveland has a rare opening for a Sales Manager who can innovate, lead, strategize, and execute. Owned by Good Karma Brands, ESPN Cleveland encompasses top sports brands in Cleveland: 850 ESPN Cleveland and 1540 ESPN Cleveland, ESPN.com, The ESPN App, Watch ESPN, The Land on Demand and the ESPN Cleveland stream on the ESPN app and smart speakers. As the Sales Manager, you will have the tools necessary to internally manage all aspects of a successful sales team while having the opportunity to work side by side with local leadership and a talented, committed team who is passionate about our loyal advertising partners and unique solutions!
Good Karma Brands (GKB) is in need of a talented and results-driven Sales Manager to lead our collective team into the future. Only candidates with a desire for a long-term career and a commitment to sustained growth in a team environment should consider this opportunity.
In addition to ESPN Cleveland, Good Karma Brands also owns and operates eight additional radio stations including five other ESPN affiliates and serves as a best in class operator of ESPN in radio, digital and events, and owns two Verizon Premium Wireless Retailers, in addition to its Event and Home Solutions divisions.
If you want to be part of a revolutionary team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected] To learn more about Good Karma Brands, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Daily Tasks of a Sales Manager:
- Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
- Lead & manage a highly talented sales team
- Shape sales strategy for ESPN Cleveland
- Responsible for achieving ESPN Cleveland budgets and cash flow expectations
- Understand and effectively communicate the company’s advertising solutions and processes
- Create strong relationships with key advertising partner stakeholders at both senior and mid-management along with influencers in Cleveland business community
- Provide feedback for all sales teammates and coach/advise/mentor when needed
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of complete portfolio of sales solutions for current partners and new business
- Ability to identify and overcome partner objections and coach sales team through solutions
- Collaborate with all departments to develop new opportunities and execute marketing and promotional campaigns
- Ability to appropriately price and maximize revenue in building solutions that will achieve results for our advertising partners
- Handle internal communication between the sales team and other departments within ESPN Cleveland and Good Karma Brands
- Responsible for training new sales teammates and continuing the growth and education of current sales teammates
- Develop and utilize an expertise of all internal systems and tools to assist team
- Be proactive in creating and finding solutions to daily challenges throughout the office and GKB
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of sales and/or sales management
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Previous sports marketing & media sales experience is a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce
- Capability to coach team and have a deep knowledge of GKB’s portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
- Willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Solution oriented work ethic
- Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Friendly & optimistic personality
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands Sales Managers are salaried teammates who receive full benefits and opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities, in addition to bonus incentives for performance. The role of Sales Manager will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside of the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on July 19, 2019.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.