Good Karma Brands is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our Home Office team, based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The ideal candidate will focus on payroll compliance and processing as well as assisting the entire human resource team to enhance the onboarding experience for new teammates. They will have previous payroll processing experience, have knowledge of multi-state tax laws, and understand proper taxation of employer-paid benefits. This role will act as a liaison between GKB and ADP, our HR platform, and effectively interact and support all divisions of Good Karma Brand.
Daily Tasks of a Payroll Specialist:
• Review and approve all changes in payroll and accurately calculate all commissions, bonuses, talent fees and any additional earnings for payroll processing
• Lead payroll and benefits implementation processes in ADP to utilize full capacity of the platform
• Serve as the benefits administrator working directly with our vendors and ADP to ensure all benefit enrollments, changes and terminations are updated
• Handle paperwork and lead company audits such as workers comp, unemployment, etc.
• Handle offboarding responsibilities to include verifying payroll and benefits information for last paycheck, terminating teammates in ADP, separation agreements, etc. • Be a GKB ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Be Honest, Work Hard, Over Deliver, Listen and Follow Through
Preferred knowledge, skills, and qualifications:
• Previous experience processing timely and accurate payrolls
• Preferred experience with multi-state tax laws and unemployment
• High level of skill in handling sensitive and confidential information
• Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Exercise good judgment and possess the ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Detailed oriented and the ability to prioritize tasks
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: GKB full-time teammates are salaried teammates who receive full benefits to include health, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan, company-provided life insurance, STD, LTD, paid maternity, and parental leave and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities.
Opportunity for Growth: Teammates can continuously learn and grow within GKB. GKB has a develop from-within philosophy and encourages teammates to consider and apply for any posted career opportunities desired within any division of GKB.
Closing Date: For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 23, 2021.
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ and 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee, and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl.
For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development, and advancement to all current and potential teammates.