Good Karma Brands (GKB) is looking for a proactive, creative National Sales Manager to join our progressive and aggressive team based in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will have strong relationship building and communications skills, desire to master product knowledge of WTMJ Milwaukee and GKB ESPN assets in Chicago and throughout the country, and a passion to advocate and secure national business for those same stations.
Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, seven ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market.
Celebrating 22 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in its communities as a best in class local operator of world class brands and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
The Role of a National Sales Manager:
The primary role of a National Sales Manager will be to represent, advocate, negotiate and secure national business for WTMJ Milwaukee and GKB ESPN stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee, and West Palm. The role of a National Sales Manager will require timely responsiveness and quick reaction, while also being able to be proactive by establishing relationships with agencies in major markets and presenting traditional and non-traditional ideas. This role will require a willingness to travel.
Daily Tasks of a National Sales Manager:
• Responsible for working with National Rep Firms to identify and secure national business for Good Karma Brands stations
• Work with National Sellers to build relationships with advertising agencies across the country and develop strong relationships with buyers & planners at the national agencies
• Work with local Marketing Consultants (GKB sales teams) to identify potential partnerships that can be built simultaneously nationally and locally while helping develop these relationships locally with key partners
• Identify local events; sports sponsorships and Play by Play opportunities that would be sponsorable opportunities for national partners
• Play by Play teams including: Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Browns, Ohio State Buckeyes Football/Basketball, and University of Notre Dame Football/Basketball
• Opportunity to sell unique, non-traditional opportunities like The Tundra Trio and Wisconsin Sports Awards nationally
• Work with Sales Managers in all markets to create and identify local market opportunities for National partners
• Travel to visit with national agency reps, buyers, planners, and partners – as well as the National Rep Firms (primarily New York, Atlanta, Detroit, and Minneapolis)
• Assist with Sales Management discussions, special projects, and education in all GKB markets
• Responsible for transactional political and issue partnerships (local and national)
• Handle certain relationships/avails with “local” national accounts (agencies based in current GKB markets that don’t use national rep firms) when applicable
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Relationship builder
• Strong negotiation skills
• Creative, efficient and proactive worker
• Responsive to National Agency needs and the ability to juggle multiple tasks on a daily basis
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong analytical skills
• Travel Required
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: This career compensation includes a base salary and annual bonus based on achievement of sales goals. All GKB fulltime teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
For Consideration: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on Friday, November 22, 2019.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.