ESPN Chicago, consisting of top sports brands ESPN 1000, the ESPN App, and ESPN.com is looking for a Marketing Facilitator to help elevate our brand in the local community.
We’re looking for a teammate who thrives in a positive, fast-paced environment and is passionate about engaging with loyal fans & partners while being an ambassador for ESPN Chicago. The ideal candidate will have an upbeat, friendly personality, the enthusiasm to be the face of ESPN Chicago in the local community, and adaptability to handle every day being a new adventure!
Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, seven ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com. Celebrating 22 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in its communities as a best in class local operator of world class brands and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
The Role of a Marketing Facilitator: The primary role of a Marketing Facilitator is to support the ESPN Chicago marketing execution team by coordinating all event logistics, working promotional street teams and signature events, overseeing promotional contests and giveaways, aiding in marketing ideas and solutions, and assisting with any and all partner execution elements in marketing campaigns. Marketing Facilitators are responsible for the day to day executional tasks relating to the ESPN Chicago marketing department.
Daily Tasks of a Marketing Facilitator:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Oversee event scheduling and staffing, including sending weekly event e-mails
• Coordinate event logistics and complete marketing event forms and event checklists for the marketing execution team
• Stay organized and up to date with event calendar on Facebook
• Keep inventory of ESPN Chicago prizing and swag including keeping promotional closet organized and ordering more prizing when needed
• Oversee all execution of on-air contests & giveaways including scheduling, rules, tracking, contacting winners, filling out necessary prize forms, etc.
• Participate in idea brainstorming sessions for marketing campaign presentations
• Assist with internship program by serving as a mentor/role model to interns, providing day to day feedback & projects, and attending careers fairs when needed to recruit new interns
• Handle all partner & event recaps including photos and videos following events
• Oversee Public Service Announcements once community request is received
• Attend Good Karma Brands monthly marketing, internship, and social media calls
• Assist with ESPN Chicago social media and oversee social media calendar
• Oversee all ESPN Chicago community events including promotional street teams & remote broadcasts
• Work all ESPN Chicago signature events and assist with planning of each
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
• Excellent communication skills
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented work ethic
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary. All GKB Marketing Facilitators receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities. The role of a GKB Marketing Facilitator will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
For Consideration: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on Sunday, October 20, 2019.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.