Celebrating 23 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in the community by leading the local sports world and now it’s time to expand. Good Karma Brands is in need of a Marketing Consultant/Account Executive for our ESPN Cleveland market, based in Cleveland, OH! If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
The Role of a Marketing Consultant/Account Executive:
The primary role of the Marketing Consultant/Account Executive is to develop long-term relationships with area businesses by creating & selling successful, customized marketing solutions to local companies utilizing the ESPN Cleveland brand. Marketing Consultants (sales) are responsible for account development, including prospecting new business and account retention and growth of existing accounts. This will require a thorough knowledge of the market and ESPN Cleveland’s assets as the solutions/services we provide including: 850 ESPN Cleveland and 1540 ESPN Cleveland, ESPN.com, The ESPN App, Watch ESPN, The Land on Demand and the ESPN Cleveland stream on the ESPN app and smart speakers.
Daily Tasks of a Marketing Consultant/Account Executive:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Identify, uncover, and develop account opportunities
• Develop relationships with area businesses and decision maker
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the complete portfolio of ESPN Cleveland’s assets & create successful, customized marketing solutions
• Continually educate yourself on media and new trends in the industry
• Network with local businesses to expand your sphere of influence in the market
• Ability to uncover marketing objectives and create solutions to solve those objectives
• Ability to sell at all levels including C-Level positions
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Passion for sales & service
• Goal oriented and creative self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Familiarity in CRM tool such as Salesforce and Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary plus commission. All GKB full-time teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities and meeting targeted sales goals. The role of a GKB Marketing Consultant will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
For Consideration: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on Friday, August 7, 2020.
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, seven ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.