Are you ready to be part of a winning team and be at the forefront of the media world? Are you a sales professional who is passionate about building strong relationships? Do you have a “go getter” attitude that thrives off a fast-paced and results-oriented environment? Well we are looking for you!
Good Karma Brands is in need of an experienced and top performing Marketing Consultant/Account Executive for the legendary Newsradio 620 WTMJ, based in Milwaukee, WI! The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, previous media sales experience, and a track record with new business development. We are interested in finding candidates who have desire for a long-term career in sales.
Celebrating 22 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in the community by leading the local sports world and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
The Role of a Marketing Consultant/Account Executive:
The primary role of the Marketing Consultant/Account Executive is to develop long-term relationships with area businesses by creating & selling successful, customized marketing solutions to local companies utilizing the WTMJ brand. Marketing Consultants (sales) are responsible for account development, including prospecting new business and account retention and growth of existing partners. This will require a thorough knowledge of the market and Newsradio 620 WTMJ’s assets as the solutions/services we provide.
Daily Tasks of a Marketing Consultant/Account Executive:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Identify, uncover, and develop account opportunities
• Develop relationships with area businesses and decision maker
• Create successful, customized marketing solutions
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the complete portfolio of WTMJ’s assets
• Continually educate yourself on media and new trends in the industry
• New business account development
• Network with local businesses to expand your sphere of influence in the market
• Ability to uncover marketing objectives and create solutions to solve those objectives
• Ability to sell at all levels including C-Level positions
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• 3+ years of previous media sales experience
• Passion for sales & service
• Goal oriented and creative self-starter
• Demonstrated success in reaching and exceeding your goals with business owners, CEO’s, general managers, etc. in local companies, as well as advertising agencies
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Proven business acumen
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented work ethic
• Proficiency in CRM tool such as Salesforce and Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary plus commission. All GKB full-time teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities and meeting targeted sales goals. The role of a GKB Marketing Consultant will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
For Consideration: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on Friday, November 22, 2019.
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, eight ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.