GKB Beaver Dam Marketing Consultant / Account Executive
Beaver Dam has been the heart and soul of Good Karma Brands since it was founded there in 1997. Approaching 70 years serving the local community, GKB Beaver Dam now boasts the leading news/information/sports (WBEV) radio station, a hit music station (95X), and the community’s go-to resource for news (Dailydodge.com). With our growing and award-winning stations and digital services, we are searching for salespeople who are self-motivated, driven, fun, passionate, community focused, and enjoy developing and maintaining relationships!
Good Karma Brands is searching for someone with a track record of success to be a Marketing Consultant/Account Executive. The ideal candidate will either be a Beaver Dam area local or be willing to commit to ingraining themselves in the community and a passion for working closely with business owners to help them grow their businesses.
Celebrating 23 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in the community by leading the local sports world and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
The Role of a Marketing Consultant/Account Executive:
The primary role of the Marketing Consultant/Account Executive is to develop long-term relationships with area businesses by creating & selling successful, customized marketing solutions to local companies utilizing the GKB Beaver Dam Brand including 95X, 1430 WBEV, & Dailydodge.com. At GKB Beaver Dam, Marketing Consultants (sales) experience a fast-paced, dynamic, progressive environment that get to work with a creative team that strives to over-deliver to our partners. This will require a thorough knowledge of the market and of Beaver Dam’s assets as the solutions/services we provide.
Daily Tasks of a Marketing Consultant/Account Executive:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Identify, uncover, and develop account opportunities
• Develop relationships with area businesses and decision maker
• Create successful, customized marketing solutions
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the complete portfolio of GKB Beaver Dam assets
• New business account development
• Network with local businesses to expand your sphere of influence in the market
• Ability to uncover marketing objectives and create solutions to solve those objectives
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Passion for sales & service
• Goal oriented and creative self-starter
• Demonstrated success in reaching and exceeding your goals with business owners, CEO’s, general managers, etc. in local companies, as well as advertising agencies
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented work ethic
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; PowerPoint and Excel
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary plus commission. All GKB Marketing Consultants receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities and meeting targeted sales goals. The role of a GKB Marketing Consultant will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
For Consideration: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on Friday, September 18, 2020.
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. In addition to Beaver Dam, radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, and seven ESPN affiliated radio stations. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.