GKB Milwaukee Part-Time Producer
As the home of the Brewers, Bucks and Packers, GKB Milwaukee, consisting of NewsRadio WTMJ and ESPN Milwaukee, is looking for a part-time producer to run live & syndicated programming and live sports! The ideal candidate will be passionate about Wisconsin sports and have a general interest in news and politics, have previous radio board operating experience and a flexible schedule.
The Role of a Part-Time Producer: The primary role of a Part-Time Producer will work with host(s) on content plan & execution, support the content director on show production and log fulfillment, collaborate with other show producers on the sharing of news, ideas, & audio, work in conjunction with marketing/promotions on contesting & sponsorships, and assist engineers on ensuring the station is operating within FCC guidelines and is on-the-air.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
• Skill in running a radio board – maintaining levels, smoothly transitioning from one source to another
• Creating and implementing production elements including bumpers, liners, audio drops, sound effects, etc.
• Writing material for sports updates
• On-air voice & ability to deliver top-of-the hour timely, engaging, and entertaining reports
• Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
• Social media proficiency in posting about the show, including bulletins and links
• Undertaking editing audio cuts and entire hours for podcasting
• Converting text, graphics, video and audio files for all digital platforms
• Contributing to, and making use of, archives of audio files and sources for content segments
• Responding to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary
• Aptitude in editing software, such as Cool Edit Pro, Pro Tools and Adobe Audition for production purposes
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Previous experience producing/running the board
• Capability & passion to be on-air, when cleared
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker.
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented/ problem solver
• Ability to think outside of the box
Hours/Salary/Benefits: GKB part-time teammates are paid hourly with opportunity for increased pay with increased skills and responsibilities. The role of a part-time Producer will require teammates to work some evenings & weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and demo to [email protected]
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geotargeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity
employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.