ESPN West Palm Operations Director (West Palm Beach, FL)
Are you ready to be part of a winning team and help ESPN West Palm’s sports content reach new heights? ESPN West Palm is looking for an experienced Operations Director who spends their days dreaming about what they would do to improve sports content, engage fans, and grow an already leading brand into so much more.
Already dominating local sports radio in West Palm Beach, Good Karma Brands (GKB) is in need of a talented and visionary Operations Director to lead our content to where it has never been before. Only candidates with a desire for a long-term career and a commitment to sustained growth in a team environment should consider this opportunity.
ESPN West Palm consists of top sports brands in West Palm: ESPN 106.3 FM, Deportes 760 AM, ESPN.com as well as the ESPN App and WatchESPN and the Boca Raton Bowl.
Celebrating 23 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in the community by leading the local sports world and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
Daily Responsibilities of an Operations Director:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Lead & manage a highly talented staff including on-air hosts, producers, board operators and more
• Responsible for station operations and sound of station 24/7/365
• Oversee show promos
• Management of traffic and logs
• Inclusion in creating and writing compelling imaging that reflect the station’s strategic direction
• Conduit for station engineer and home office traffic and IT departments
• Knowledge and understanding of all technical aspects of how radio programming works
• Develop and utilize an expertise of all internal systems and tools to assist team
• Manage technical operations of remote broadcast and equipment
• Oversee all scheduling to include, but not limited to, weekly programming schedules, play by play schedules, on-air personalities, producers, and board operators
• Responsible for production and imaging of the station
• Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing departments to develop new opportunities and involvement of executing partnerships at a high level
• Handle internal communication between the content team and other departments within ESPN West Palm and Good Karma Brands
• Regular communication with Deportes 760 and ESPN 106.3 on WPTV
• Provide guidance and coaching on Deportes 760
• SportsCenter updates and other vignette writing, when necessary
• Responsible for training new ESPN West Palm content teammates
• Inclusion in social media strategy and implementation surrounding sports content
• Be proactive in creating and finding solutions to daily challenges throughout the office and GKB
• Participation on both the company content and social media calls
• Maintain and manage network relationships
• Report directly to ESPN West Palm Market Manager
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proven leadership and management experience
• Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus, but not required
• Understanding of FCC rules and regulations, including managing ESPN West Palm’s public affairs programs
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented work ethic
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Friendly & optimistic personality
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s
Hours/Salary/Benefits: GKB Operations Directors are salaried teammates who receive full benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities. The role of an Operations Director will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] no later than 5pm on Friday, October 2, 2020.
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a sports media and entertainment company with expertise in local sports marketing activation. In addition to ESPN 106.3FM & Deportes 760AM, radio assets include Newsradio WTMJ in Milwaukee, six ESPN affiliated radio stations, including ESPN 1000 AM in Chicago and 94.5 ESPN FM in Milwaukee, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB can also offer local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. GKB also owns two Wisconsin-based Verizon Premium Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.