Are you ready to be part of a winning team and help Wisconsin sports content reach new heights? ESPN Madison is looking for an experienced Program Director who spends their days dreaming about what they would do to improve sports content, engage fans, and grow an already leading brand into so much more. ESPN Madison is locally owned and operated (and has been since its inception 22 years ago!) Already dominating local sports radio in Wisconsin, and home of the Milwaukee Bucks, Good Karma Brands (GKB) is in need of a talented and visionary sports programmer to lead our content to where it has never been before. Only candidates with a desire for a long-term career and a commitment to sustained growth in a team environment should consider this opportunity.
Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, seven ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geotargeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market.
For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com. Only candidates with a desire for a long-term career and a commitment to sustained growth in a team environment should consider this opportunity.
Celebrating 22 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in the community by leading the local sports world and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Lead & manage a highly talented staff including on-air hosts, producers and more
• Responsible for station operations and sound of station 24/7/365
• Oversee all sports content strategy, programming and implementation for ESPN 100.5FM
• Thorough knowledge of Wisconsin sports and the fan base; ability to focus the programming to reflect the interests of the audience
• Provide feedback for all sports programming and advise/mentor on-air talent, producers, and board operators when needed
• Oversee all scheduling to include, but not limited to, weekly programming schedules, play by play schedules, on-air personalities, producers, and board operators
• Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing departments to develop new opportunities and involvement of executing partnerships at a high level
• Host consistent on-air shift(s)
• Produce when necessary
• SportsCenter updates and other vignette writing and production, when necessary
• Handle internal communication between the content team and other departments within GKB Madison and Good Karma Brands
• Responsible for training new ESPN Madison content teammates and continuing the growth and education of current content teammates
• Manage technical operations of remote broadcast and equipment
• Inclusion in social media strategy and implementation surrounding sports content
• Manage breaking news strategy and structure for news coverage of the teams/games
• Assist in sports reporting when necessary
• Inclusion in creating and writing compelling imaging that reflect the station’s strategic direction
• Develop and utilize an expertise of all internal systems and tools to assist team
• Be proactive in creating and finding solutions to daily challenges throughout the office and GKB
• Report directly to the General Manager of GKB Madison
• Wisconsin On Demand liaison
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Previous experience as a Program Director, Assistant Program Director or Executive Producer preferred
• Proven leadership and management experience
• Capability to coach talent and a have a deep knowledge of fan base
• Understanding of FCC rules and regulations, including managing ESPN Madison’s public affairs programs
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented work ethic
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Friendly & optimistic personality
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands Program Directors are salaried teammates who receive full benefits and opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities. The role of Program Director will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside of the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on Monday, September 30, 2019
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.