ESPN Cleveland Part-time Producer/Board Operator
ESPN Cleveland is seeking a part-time programming teammate to be a part of our continued growth. In the city of Cleveland, sports fans are passionate, fiercely loyal and dedicated to their teams, and ESPN Cleveland delivers that energy right back to the fans and partners that support the station. ESPN Cleveland is the official home of the Cleveland Browns & Ohio State football, and a historical destination for sports fans near and far and now we are looking for a part-time producer to run live & syndicated programming and live sports! The ideal candidate will be passionate about Cleveland sports, have previous radio operating experience, and a flexible schedule.
The Role of an On-Air Host/Producer/Board Operator:
The primary role of this position will work with host(s) on content plan & execution, support our talent on show production and log fulfillment, collaborate with other show producers on the sharing of news, ideas, & audio, work in conjunction with marketing/promotions on contesting & sponsorships, assist engineers on ensuring the station is operating within FCC guidelines and is on-the-air, as well as host, co-host, or fill-in on local shows.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
• Skill in running a radio board – maintaining levels, smoothly transitioning from one source to another
• Opportunity to host local produced shows, updates, vignettes, and recorded shows
• Creating and implementing production elements including bumpers, liners, audio drops, sound effects, etc.
• On-air voice & ability to deliver top-of-the hour timely, engaging, and entertaining reports
• Ability to report at games & cover games via Zoom call
• Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
• Social media proficiency in posting about the show, including bulletins and links
• Undertaking editing audio cuts and entire hours for podcasting
• Converting text, graphics, video and audio files for all digital platforms
• Contributing to, and making use of, archives of audio files and sources for content segments
• Responding to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary
• Aptitude in editing software, such as Goldwave, Pro Tools and Adobe Audition for production purposes
Preferred skills, knowledge & qualifications:
• Radio operating and hosting experience preferred
• Audio editing experience preferred
• Experience with Wide Orbit or similar broadcast automation system
• Schedule flexibility, able to fill-in on non-established work days
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Creativity, flexibility & passion
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe Audition
• Night, weekend and holiday availability
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands part-time content teammates are paid hourly. The role of a Part Time Content Teammate will require teammates to work evenings and weekends.
Opportunity for Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: For considerations, please send resume, cover letter and demo to [email protected]
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ & 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development, and advancement to all current and potential teammates.