Are you ready to be part of a winning team and help Cleveland sports content reach new heights? ESPN Cleveland is looking for an experienced Director of Content who spends their days dreaming about what they would do to improve sports content, engage fans, and grow a leading brand.
Already historic in the sports radio landscape in Cleveland, and home of the Cleveland Browns, Ohio State Buckeyes and ESPN’s MLB and NBA regular season and post-season, Good Karma Brands (GKB) is in need of a talented and visionary sports programmer to lead our content to where it has never been before. Only candidates with a desire for a long-term career and a commitment to sustained growth in a team environment should consider this opportunity.
Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, seven ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Celebrating 22 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in the community by leading the local sports world and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
The Role of a Director of Content: The primary role of the Director of Content is to oversee station operations and sound of the station, social media of station and The Land On Demand 24/7/365. As a Director of Content, you are responsible for leading and developing the content and content teammates, including producers and on-air talent. This will require a thorough understanding of the Cleveland market and expertise in everything Cleveland sports!
Daily Tasks of a Director of Content:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Lead & manage team including on-air hosts, producers and more
• Responsible for station operations and sound of station 24/7/365
• Responsible for social media output of station accounts
• Work with on-air talent in making sure their social media is being well represented from their personal account as on-air and extension of our brands
• Oversee all sports content strategy, programming and implementation for ESPN Cleveland including The Land On Demand
• Thorough knowledge of Cleveland sports and the fan base; ability to focus the programming to reflect the interests of the audience
• Provide feedback for all sports programming and advise/mentor on-air talent, producers, and board operators when needed
• Oversee all scheduling to include, but not limited to, weekly programming schedules, play by play schedules, on-air personalities, producers, and board operators
• Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing departments to develop new opportunities and involvement of executing partnerships at a high level
• Handle internal communication between the content team and other departments within ESPN Cleveland and Good Karma Brands
• Responsible for training new ESPN Cleveland content teammates and continuing the growth and education of current content teammates
• Manage technical operations of remote broadcast and equipment
• Inclusion in social media strategy and implementation surrounding sports content
• Manage breaking news strategy and structure for news coverage of the teams/games
• Inclusion in creating and writing compelling imaging that reflect the station’s strategic direction
• Develop and utilize an expertise of all internal systems and tools to assist team
• Become an ambassador to the local Cleveland sports teams including Ohio State
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Previous experience as a Program Director, Assistant Program Director or Executive Producer
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proven leadership and management experience
• Capability to coach talent and a have a deep knowledge of fan base
• Understanding of FCC rules and regulations, including managing ESPN Cleveland’s public affairs programs
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented work ethic
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Friendly & optimistic personality
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary. All GKB full-time teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities. The role of a GKB Director of Content will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside of the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on Friday, November 8, 2019
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.