ESPN West Palm and Deportes Radio 760 AM is looking for a part-time teammate to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have previous producing experience, a creative mind to execute and develop social media strategy and an outgoing and ambitious personality. ESPN West Palm consists of top sports brands in West Palm: ESPN 106.3 FM, Deportes Radio 760 AM, ESPN.com as well as the ESPN App and WatchESPN and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl.
Daily Tasks of a Part-Time Content Teammate:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Translate scripts from English to Spanish
• Record and produce commercials & vignettes as requested
• Insert promotional announcements, commercials and shows into Wide Orbit
• Update play by play promos and vignettes with partner tags (when required)
• Serve as a show producer and board operator, when cleared
• Serve as a show co-host and back-up host, when cleared
• Help with phone calls and assist with show giveaways including filling out prize forms and contacting winners
• Set up remote broadcasts, when cleared
• Create special content for the show when required (partner radio interviews, cover a soccer game, Spring Training, Miami Heat game, etc.)
• Execute daily social media strategy including updating Facebook and Instagram pages
• Execute social media posts from partner campaigns
• Record Public Affairs show every week
• Complete and update Public Affair’s quarterly reports
• Backup teammate for Deportes street team events
• Be proactive in creating and finding solutions to daily challenges throughout the office and GKB
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Fluent in English & Spanish
• Previous experience in radio broadcast is a plus
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented work ethic
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: GKB part-time teammates are paid hourly. The role of part-time content teammate will require teammates to work evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected]
About Good Karma Brands:Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, seven ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.