ESPN Chicago is proud to be the home of the Chicago White Sox! For the first time since 2005, ESPN Chicago will be the flagship of the iconic Chicago team and we are looking for a Chicago White Sox Radio Network On-Air Host to be the voice of pre-game, post-game and White Sox Weekly shows. Chicago, one of the largest, most talked about sports cities in the country, is frequently on the national stage. With ESPN 1000 bringing local & national content daily, we are excited to air all White Sox games and bring new solutions to our advertising partners. ESPN Chicago is Good Karma Brands’ (GKB) largest market yet, and now we are looking for an experienced and passionate On-Air Host to continue to lead us into the future.
The Role of an On-Air Host:
The primary role of an on-air host is to create compelling content by giving a deep dive into everything Chicago White Sox and connecting with our audience. As the On-Air Host for pre-game, post-game, and White Sox Weekly, you will be responsible for entertaining our listeners with real-time updates, highlights, and stories.
Daily Tasks of an On-Air Host:
• Host every pre-game, post-game & White Sox Weekly show
• Plan show details and collaborate with Sales Manager & Executive Producer
• Have an active presence on social media and engage with audience
• Ability to summarize information in an easy to understand component and relate to the audience
• Maintain crucial deadlines in order to provide stories in a timely fashion
• Participate in brainstorming/planning meetings for show concepts, ideas, events, endorsements, segments, partners, etc.
• Endorse advertising partners, mutually agreed upon between you, ESPN Chicago, and advertising partner
• Voice commercials, liners, promotional announcements, etc.
• Identify stations, and introduce or close shows, using memorized or read scripts, and/or ad-libs
• Appear at station & public events when applicable
• Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
• Report directly to ESPN Chicago Market Manager
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
Required knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Previous experience as an on-air radio host/podcast host/TV anchor/emcee/etc.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Must be a self-starter, with the ability to take direction
• Outspoken, eager, and energetic
• Solution oriented/ problem solver
• Ability to think outside of the box
• With this career, you are required to have a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary. All GKB full-time teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities. The role of a GKB On-Air Host will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity for Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to
take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] no later than 5pm on Friday, December 4, 2020.
About Good Karma Brands
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ & 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development, and advancement to all current and potential teammates.