ESPN Chicago is proud to be the home of the Chicago White Sox! For the first time since 2005, ESPN Chicago will be the flagship of the iconic Chicago team and we are looking for a Chicago White Sox Radio Network Executive Producer to oversee all aspects of the network including pre-game shows, in-game, and post-game shows. Chicago, one of the largest, most talked about sports cities in the country, is frequently on the national stage. With ESPN 1000 bringing local & national content daily, we are excited to air all White Sox games and bring new solutions to our advertising partners. ESPN Chicago is Good Karma Brands’ (GKB) largest market yet, and now we are looking for an experienced and passionate Executive Producer to continue to lead us into the future.
The Role of an Executive Producer
The primary role of an Executive Producer is to oversee all aspects of the day to day functions of the Chicago White Sox Radio Network from interacting with all affiliates while integrating them into the network, to working with the Play by Play Sales Team on revenue ideas, to managing pre-game shows, in-game and post-game shows and everything that entails.
Daily Tasks of an Executive Producer
• Oversee all day to day functions of the Chicago White Sox Radio Network
• Gather sound/highlights, write & produce features/fits/bumpers/etc. – and stay up to date and fresh with the sound of the network 24/7/365
• Work hand in hand with programming & sales management to develop format, set features, regular interviews, etc.
• Ensure the network is operating under FCC guidelines and is on the air
• Produce & run the board while simultaneously being able to pull highlights with quick turnaround
• Communicate daily with Play by Play sales team on revenue ideas and verify campaigns are being executed appropriately
• Catalogue all game tapes, highlights, interviews, etc.
• Establish systems and procedures as needed
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
Required knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• 5+ years of previous Play by Play Executive Producer experience
• Fluent in IP codecs (Tieline, Comrex – portable and rackmount, etc.)
• Personal sense of responsibility & accountability
• Extreme organizational skills, capability to catalogue and pull highlights, previous games, interviews, etc. in an instant
• Flexible schedule with availability for the 162-game season
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary. All GKB full-time teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities. The role of a GKB Executive Producer will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity for Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to
take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] no later than 5pm on Friday, December 4, 2020.
About Good Karma Brands
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of
sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include
Newsradio 620 WTMJ & 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago,
Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with
ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition
to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the
Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more
information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment,
development, and advancement to all current and potential teammates.