ESPN Chicago is proud to be the home of the Chicago White Sox! For the first time since 2005, ESPN Chicago will be the flagship of the iconic Chicago team and we are looking for a Chicago White Sox Play by Play Account Executive to drive revenue and create customized programs for our advertising partners. Chicago, one of the largest, most talked about sports cities in the country, is frequently on the national stage. With ESPN 1000 bringing local & national content daily, we are excited to air all White Sox games and bring new solutions to our advertising partners. ESPN Chicago is Good Karma Brands’ (GKB) largest market yet, and now we are looking for an experienced and passionate Play by Play Account Executive to continue to lead us into the future.
The Role of a Play by Play Account Executive
The primary role of a Play by Play Account Executive is to be the local expert and develop long-term relationships with area business to drive revenue by offering customized solutions centered around everything Chicago White Sox. Play by Play Account Executives are responsible for account development, including prospecting new business and account retention and growth of existing partners. This will require a thorough knowledge of the market and of ESPN Chicago’s White Sox assets as the solutions/services we provide.
Daily Tasks of a Play by Play Account Executive
• Drive sponsorship revenue for WMVP-AM/ESPN Chicago and the Chicago White Sox Play by Play Radio Network
• Customize programs that focus on the needs and objectives of our advertising partners
• Knowledge and experience with traffic driving retail promotions utilizing ESPN Chicago and Chicago White Sox team marks/logos
• Gameday entertainment and hospitality with current advertising partners and prospective advertising partners throughout an 81 Home Game MLB Season and into Playoffs
• Develop relationships with area businesses and decision maker
• New business account development
• Network with local businesses to expand your sphere of influence in the market
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications
• 2+ years of previous play by play sales experience
• Passion for sales, marketing & service
• Goal oriented and creative self-starter, an entrepreneurial spirit
• Demonstrated success in reaching and exceeding your goals with business owners, CEO’s, general managers, etc. in local companies, as well as advertising agencies
• Proven business acumen
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary plus commission. All GKB Account Executives receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities and meeting targeted sales goals. The role of a GKB Account Executive will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity for Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] no later than 5pm on Friday, December 11, 2020.
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ & 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development, and advancement to all current and potential teammates.