If you have a head for numbers, read on! Good Karma Brands is looking for an Accounting Specialist to join our Home Office team who will relish the process of reconciling balance sheet
accounts, generating monthly financials and preparing payroll submissions for (i.e. talent fees for our on-air personalities and commission for our rock star sales teammates). The ideal candidate will be extremely detail-oriented, a self-starter and a team player who is a quick learner and readily able to assess and resolve problems as they arise. Math nerds are encouraged and welcome!
Good Karma Brands (GKB) is a sports marketing company with expertise in sports and event marketing. Good Karma Brands owns and operates ten radio stations including seven ESPN affiliates and serves as a best in class operator of ESPN in radio, digital and events. GKB also owns two Verizon Premium Wireless Retailers, in addition to its Event and Home Solutions divisions.
Only candidates with a desire for a long-term career and a commitment to sustained growth in a team environment should consider this opportunity. If you want to be part of a revolutionary
team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected]
To learn more about Good Karma Brands, visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Daily Tasks of an Accounting Specialist:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Oversee various Good Karma Brands financials including The Home Market and annual Radiothon
• Ability to reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely and efficient matter
• Calculate monthly additional compensation including talent fees and commission
• Responsible for Good Karma Brands fixed asset depreciation tracking
• Prepare annual tax package support for external accounting firm
• Ability to work in conditions which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
• Be proactive in creating and finding solutions to daily challenges throughout the office and GKB
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
• 1-3 years professional accounting or finance experience
• Educational background in accounting or finance
• Broadcast accounting experience is a plus
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Persistent and driven to succeed even when faced with adversity
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
• Excellent written and verbal skills; proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word)
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented work ethic
Compensation: Accounting Specialists are full-time teammates who are eligible for GKB’s benefits package. Salary commensurate with skills.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands. GKB has a develop-from-within philosophy and encourages teammates to consider and apply for any posted career opportunities desired within any division of GKB.
Closing Date: For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm on July 31, 2019.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.