101.7 The Truth Radio Producer (Milwaukee, WI)
101.7 The Truth & Good Karma Brands is in need of a producer – someone with experience in radio or podcasting, a great sense of creating compelling content, and high IQ when it comes to the local Milwaukee community. Top candidates for this role will demonstrate curiosity, solid production skills, creative production, and a confident voice for on-air contributions. The ideal candidate is a team-first hard-worker with skill & ability in running a board, the capacity to think on your feet, and the aptitude for problem-solving and working in a deadline-oriented environment.
We are 101.7 The Truth, a radio platform that reflects Milwaukee’s black community. 101.7 The Truth will feature authentic conversations about news and current events, a celebration of Black culture, and information created by and for the Black community with an emphasis on empowerment, family, faith, and community. This is home for Milwaukee’s realest conversation, and we are looking for Producers to help lead the way.
The Role of a Producer:
The primary role of a Producer will work with host(s) on content plan & execution, support the program director/operations manager on show production and log fulfillment, collaborate with other show producers on the sharing of news, ideas, & audio, work in conjunction with marketing/promotions on contesting & sponsorships, and assist engineers on ensuring the station is operating within FCC guidelines and is on-the-air.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to GKB’s core values: Listen, Be Honest, Work Hard, Over Deliver, and Follow Through
- Generating, researching, & pitching ideas for program topics
- Creating and implementing production elements including bumpers, liners, audio drops, sound effects, etc.
- Writing material for news updates
- On-air voice & ability to deliver top-of-the hour timely, engaging, and entertaining reports
- Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
- Social media proficiency in posting about the show, including bulletins and links
- Undertaking editing audio cuts and entire hours for podcasting
- Converting text, graphics, video and audio files for all digital platforms
- Contributing to, and making use of, archives of audio files and sources for content segments
- Responding to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary
- Aptitude in editing software, such as Cool Edit Pro, Pro Tools and Adobe Audition for production purposes
- Skill in running a radio board – maintaining levels, smoothly transitioning from one source to another
- Maintain crucial deadlines in order to provide stories in a timely fashion
- Participate in brainstorming/planning meetings for show concepts, ideas, events, endorsements, segments, partners, etc.
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience producing/running the board
- Capability & passion to be on-air, when cleared
- Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
- Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker.
- Willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Solution oriented/ problem solver
- With this career, you are required to have a valid driver’s license
GKB Producers are salaried teammates who receive full benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities. The role of a Producer will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and demo to [email protected]
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. In addition to 101.7 The Truth, radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.