101.7 The Truth On-Air Talk Show Host (Milwaukee, WI)
101.7 The Truth & Good Karma Brands is looking for top talent who is passionate about the local Milwaukee community, and relates & appeals to the interests and ideas of our diverse listener base. This On-Air Talk Show Host will speak their opinion on issues and matters raised by diverse and passionate voices around our country. The ideal candidate will be open-minded, yet an opinionated force on-air, helping lead the way to a better understanding of our community.
We are 101.7 The Truth, a radio platform that reflects Milwaukee’s black community. 101.7 The Truth will feature authentic conversations about news and current events, a celebration of Black culture, and information created by and for the Black community with an emphasis on empowerment, family, faith, and community. This is home for Milwaukee’s realest conversation, and we are looking for On-Air Talk Show Hosts to lead the way.
The Role of an On-Air Talk Show Host:
The primary role of an On-Air Talk Show Host is to create compelling content by telling stories that are relatable with the ability to connect with our audience. As an On-Air Talk Show Host, you will be responsible for entertaining our listeners with real-time updates & stories, sharing your personal opinions and experiences, and serving as the voice of 101.7 The Truth.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to our core values: Be Honest, Work Hard, Over Deliver, Listen and Follow Through.
- Stay up to date with daily stories, social issues, breaking news, current events, etc.
- Plan daily show details and collaborate with 101.7 The Truth General Manager, Operations Manager, and Producers
- Have an active presence on social media and engage with audience
- Ability to summarize information in an easy to understand component and relate to the audience
- Maintain crucial deadlines in order to provide stories in a timely fashion
- Participate in brainstorming/planning meetings for show concepts, ideas, events, endorsements, segments, partners, etc.
- Endorse advertising partners, mutually agreed upon between you, 101.7 the Truth, and advertising partner
- Voice commercials, liners, promotional announcements, etc.
- Identify stations, and introduce or close shows, using memorized or read scripts, and/or ad-libs
- Appear at station & public events when applicable
- Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
- Assist with editing audio cuts and entire hours for podcasting, when necessary
- Contribute to, and making use of, archives of audio files and sources for content segments
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience as an on-air radio host/podcast host/TV anchor/emcee/etc.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to take direction
- Outspoken, eager, and energetic
- Solution oriented/ problem solver
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Familiarity in editing software is a plus
- With this career, you are required to have a valid driver’s license
GKB On-Air Talk Show Hosts are salaried teammates who receive full benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities. The role of an On-Air Talk Show Host will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and demo to [email protected]
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. In addition to 101.7 The Truth, radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.