101.7 The Truth Marketing Facilitator (Milwaukee, WI)
101.7 The Truth & Good Karma Brands is looking for a Marketing Facilitator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, a passion to be the face of the brand and engage with the community, a need to be organized and pro-active, a friendly/upbeat personality, and the eagerness to wear many hats, depending on the day!
We are 101.7 The Truth, a radio platform that reflects Milwaukee’s black community. 101.7 The Truth will feature authentic conversations about news and current events, a celebration of Black culture, and information created by and for the Black community with an emphasis on empowerment, family, faith, and community. This is home for Milwaukee’s realest conversation, and we are looking for Marketing Facilitators to help lead the way.
The Role of a Marketing Facilitator:
As a Marketing Facilitator for Good Karma Brands, no two days will be the same. This role has a hand in all marketing initiatives including promotions, events, contests, social media and more. As the Marketing Facilitator, you would be the face of the team engaging with fans in the community, interacting with loyal listeners on social media, and working with all departments to help bring advertising partners goals and initiatives to life!
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
- Coordinate, execute, and supervise station events and remote broadcasts including scheduling teammates & interns
- Maintain and comply with contest rules and documentation for all contests and events
- Update website including contest rules, events & featured promotions
- Responsible for prizing and giveaways including contacting winners, distributing prizes, getting appropriate forms filled out, etc.
- Create event recaps for Marketing Consultants to utilize for their partners and as a sales tool
- Update the internal and Facebook event calendar
- Participate in strategic and tactical marketing meetings, both internally and externally
- Ability to create graphics for social media and event signage
- Facilitate community requests and involvement
- Monitor and maintain all marketing inventory, including promotional items, signage, vehicles and remote broadcast equipment
- Design and create presentations on behalf of Marketing Consultants for prospective marketing partners
- Participate in idea brainstorming sessions for marketing campaign presentations
- Write ad & promo copy and/or procure copy from marketing partners
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
- Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
- Willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Solution oriented/ problem solver
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop a plus
- With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
GKB Marketing Facilitators are salaried teammates who receive full benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities. The role of a Marketing Facilitator will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5pm on Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. In addition to 101.7 The Truth, radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.