101.7 The Truth Marketing Consultant (Account Executive) (Milwaukee, WI)
101.7 The Truth & Good Karma Brands is in need of an experienced and top performing Marketing Consultant (Account Executive) for the all new radio home for Milwaukee’s black community. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, previous sales experience, and a track record with new business development. We are interested in finding candidates who have desire for a long-term career in sales.
We are 101.7 The Truth, a radio platform that reflects Milwaukee’s black community. 101.7 The Truth will feature authentic conversations about news and current events, a celebration of Black culture, and information created by and for the Black community with an emphasis on empowerment, family, faith, and community. This is home for Milwaukee’s realest conversation, and we are looking for Marketing Consultants to help lead the way.
The Role of a Marketing Consultant (Account Executive):
The primary role of the Marketing Consultant (Account Executive) is to develop long-term relationships with area businesses by creating & selling successful, customized marketing solutions to local companies utilizing The Truth’s brand. Marketing Consultant’s (sales) are responsible for account development, including prospecting new business and account retention and growth of existing partners. This will require a thorough knowledge of the market and 101.7 The Truth’s assets as the solutions/services we provide.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
- Identify, uncover, and develop account opportunities
- Develop relationships with area businesses and decision makers
- Create successful, customized marketing solutions
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the complete portfolio of 101.7 The Truth’s assets
- Continually educate yourself on media and new trends in the industry
- New business account development
- Network with local businesses to expand your sphere of influence in the market
- Ability to uncover marketing objectives and create solutions to solve those objectives
- Ability to sell at all levels including C-Level positions
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of previous media sales experience
- Passion for sales & service
- Goal oriented and creative self-starter
- Demonstrated success in reaching and exceeding your goals with business owners, CEO’s, general managers, etc. in local companies, as well as advertising agencies
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven business acumen
- Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
- Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
- Willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Solution oriented work ethic
- Proficiency in CRM tool such as Salesforce and Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Opportunity For Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5pm on Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. In addition to 101.7 The Truth, radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.