101.7 The Truth Account Executive (Marketing Consultant)
101.7 The Truth & Good Karma Brands is in need of an experienced and top performing Account Executive (Marketing Consultant) for the all new radio home for Milwaukee’s black community. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, previous sales experience, and a track record with new business development. We are interested in finding candidates who have desire for a long-term career in sales.
We are 101.7 The Truth, an audio platform that reflects Milwaukee’s black community. 101.7 The Truth features authentic conversations about news and current events, a celebration of Black culture, information created by and for the Black community with an emphasis on empowerment, family, faith, and community. This is home for Milwaukee’s realest conversation, and we are looking for another Account Executive to help lead the way.
The Role of an Account Executive (Marketing Consultant):
The primary role of the Account Executive (Marketing Consultant) is to develop long-term relationships with area businesses by creating & selling successful, customized marketing solutions to local companies utilizing The Truth’s brand. Account Executive’s (sales) are responsible for account development, including prospecting new business and account retention and growth of existing partners. This will require a thorough knowledge of the market and 101.7 The Truth’s assets as the solutions/services we provide.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
• Identify, uncover, and develop account opportunities
• Develop relationships with area businesses and decision makers
• Create successful, customized marketing solutions
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the complete portfolio of 101.7 The Truth’s assets
• Continually educate yourself on media and new trends in the industry
• New business account development
• Network with local businesses to expand your sphere of influence in the market
• Ability to uncover marketing objectives and create solutions to solve those objectives
• Ability to sell at all levels including C-Level positions
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• 3+ years of previous media sales experience
• Passion for sales & service
• Goal oriented and creative self-starter
• Demonstrated success in reaching and exceeding your goals with business owners, CEO’s, general managers, etc. in local companies, as well as advertising agencies
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Proven business acumen
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Solution oriented work ethic
• Proficiency in CRM tool such as Salesforce and Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: 101.7 The Truth Account Executives (Marketing Consultants) receive competitive salary + commission. All GKB full-time teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities and meeting targeted sales goals. The role of a GKB Account Executive (Marketing Consultant) will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
For Consideration: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on Friday, April 23, 2021.
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, eight ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.