Benefits & Payroll Specialist (MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN)
Good Karma Brands is looking for a Benefits & Payroll Specialist to join our Home Office team, based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The ideal candidate will have accurate processing skills, great communication to interact with teammates, the ability to follow set processes, and sensitivity with confidential information.
As a Benefits & Payroll Specialist for Good Karma Brands, you will support all divisions of Good Karma Brands and will focus on company benefits and payroll. You will act as a liaison between the company and our benefits provider, along with provide excellent support and expertise to Good Karma Brands’ 200+ teammates.
Good Karma Brands (GKB) is a sports marketing company with expertise in sports and event marketing. In addition to our newest additions, WTMJ and 94.5 ESPN, Good Karma Brands also owns and operates six other ESPN affiliates and serves as a best in class operator of ESPN in radio, digital and events. With locations currently in Cleveland, OH, Milwaukee, WI, Madison, WI, West Palm Beach, FL, Baltimore, MD, Washington D.C., Nashville, TN, and Atlanta, GA, GKB is continually expanding our partnership with ESPN to be the local sales solution to offer marketers the opportunity to reach the largest local digital sports audience through ESPN.com, the ESPN App and WatchESPN. Good Karma Brands also owns two Verizon Premium Wireless Retailers, in addition to its Event and Home Solutions division.
Only candidates with a desire for a long-term career and a commitment to sustained growth in a team environment should consider this opportunity.
- Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
- Collect and verify all new teammate paperwork
- Create payroll spreadsheets twice per month to be processed
- Facilitate processing of time cards
- Process monthly payroll entries into QuickBooks
- Field and answer proficiently teammate questions related to payroll
- Field and answer proficiently teammate questions related to health benefits (self-insured)
- Assist with annual reporting related to self-insured reporting
- Field and answer proficiently teammate questions related to 401k
- Assist in annual 401k audit
- Assist with miscellaneous corporate office tasks
- Be proactive in creating and finding solutions to daily challenges throughout the office and GKB
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- High level of skill in handling sensitive & confidential information
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ensure timeliness & thoroughness of payroll processing
- Possess problem solving capabilities and ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail & time management skills
- Strong organization skills
- Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
- Willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Persistent and driven to succeed even when faced with adversity
Benefits & Payroll Specialists are salaried teammates who receive full benefits, and opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities.
Opportunity For Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands. GKB has a develop-from-within philosophy and encourages teammates to consider and apply for any posted career opportunities desired within any division of GKB.
For considerations, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm on February 15, 2019.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.